Thursday, January 26, 2006

Long and tiring day...

Short version of today: Went to school, sat through class and was tested on a two-handed rhythm, came home, went back to school, sat through a class in which we bribed the prof with Jelly Belly's and then got "brownie points" for knowing that "O Canada" has a second verse and being able to recite it, went to World Rhythm and learned three new dance steps, some new rhythms and then orchestra where the guy one down from me spent the hour he was actually there staring off into space and not playing or participating (when there are normally at least 4 of us and there were only 3 today, one of 3 sitting staring at the ceiling doesn't help!) and then I took my car for a tune-up.

Now, I am sitting here contemplating why I am writing on here at all. I know of... one... person who actually reads what I write and even then, I know it's not stimulating but seriously... *rolling eyes*

I have been avoiding some of my "friends" this week. Friendships are two-sided and while I like being there for them when they need me, it's annoying to have them ignore me unless they are having some kind of "crisis." I'm at the point of, "if you're only going to call me/talk to me to complain, get a therapist or start paying me by the hour." Not that I would ever say that but some days it's tempting... *sigh*

I'll tell you what really gets me... people who don't talk to you online or call you all week and then Thursday night act all buddy-buddy, like they want to spend time with you over the weekend... Ok, I like spending time with my friends if it's mutually convenient. But spending time with them because they feel bad for not talking to me all week or whatever is not happening. If they have their own lives and friends during the week and they are making me feel like a charity case in need of a friend, that's not fair to me. If I'm going to put effort into a friendship, I would expect the same from anyone else.

New Topics. (I do that a lot...) Last night, I went online and filled out my TEC application. I hit "Send to Core" and got an error message. So I e-mail the fabulous webmaster and he says he didn't receive it. So today, I filled it out again and re-sent it. I got the confirmation e-mail so it seems to have gone through.

I have also filled out my application for Camp. My problem is that last summer I was MAJORLY honest on it and I felt like it later came back to bite me in the bum. Not cool.... So I am praying a lot about whether to send it in or not and which position I feel called to do this summer. I love being in cabin but... I am feeling kind of rejected considering I haven't even been asked to work any of the winter camps...

Now, as Laurel normally writes at the end of her blogs: Today I am reaching for patience and the knowledge that where I am feeling called is where God is truly calling me.

2 comments:

Heart_Stopper said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Summer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.