Monday, January 23, 2006

Should write more often.

So I should update this more often, maybe not daily as I used to but more than once a week for sure. Today I am feeling especially blah... It was a good weekend, all said and done, but it had it's trying moments. Such as being yelled at by my brother because he didn't listen to directions I had given him... Of course, it was my fault and then a friend was comforting me and said he didn't think his "gf" (not exactly but close enough) would mind... Seriously...?!?!?!?! He and I have been friends for eons longer than they have known each other and I don't get why he would have to make a comment like that. Honestly, who cares if she minds, he and I are just friends! And he's one of my bestfriends so if I can't turn to him when I am upset, how fair is that? Anyway, the cab went pretty well, we all had an okay time. The silent auction went okay as well... I was bidding on Roughnecks tickets for John but at the point that the tickets were bidding for more than it would cost him to buy them normally, I stopped. We ended up with $25 for East Side Mario's (door prize), $25 for Montana's (didn't pay that much for it, it came in a package), four passes for movies/mini-golf, a gift basket from Avon, a Pedicure, a Pedicure at home set, a set of shampoo and conditioner, a Grease Poster, a Build-a-Bear and a couple of scarves. It sure looks like a lot written out that way when in actual reality, most of it was packaged with other stuff so it was only something like four items... The proceeds go to a good cause (the orchestra's tour in a month and a bit), and this way we supported it without having to pay money towards the actual tour. I would have liked to dance more but c'est la vie. I helped Julie out as needed and at the end of the night there was some older guy who kept yelling at her over a misunderstanding of sorts and I was there to give her a hug and calm her down. John joked with her and got her to smile and threatened to kick the old guys butt. Matt also gave her a hug and by the time Andrew (her bf) got out there, she was much calmer. It was interesting to meet Peggy's significant other and to see Suzie again... I was thanked by various different professors for my hard work and all I did towards making the silent auction a success. I am trying to work on saying "You're Welcome" instead of "No Worries" when someone thanks me for something.

I spent some time in bed on Saturday due to my head being sore and after the Cab I stayed up to watch part of "10 Things..." (which is one of my favourite movies) and then I went to bed before anyone else because my head hurt. I woke up late yesterday and stayed up long enough to say good-bye to everyone (Matt, Ben and Brit) as they left and then I went back to sleep for a while. I got up again to work on homework and I watched "Grey's Anatomy" (I'm slightly addicted) and then I went to sleep again after taking some major painkillers. I got up this morning anf my head was still pounding and I felt dizzy and nauseous. I slept most of the day, saw the dr this afternoon and tonight, I am going to finish homework and then go to sleep early. I still don't feel well but there isn't much I can do about it...

No comments: