Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The last couple of weeks...

So it has been a long couple of weeks... I quit my job at the carwash for good, I applied all over the city before and after that, I went for a bunch of interviews and was hired on the spot at two of them, someone found my ID and was using it to get money and said they were me so I had to fill out a police report saying I didn't say they could, I have hung out with friends, gone swimming, led worship at THING, lost my voice, gotten it mostly back, called the police twice on different weird situations (can't say anymore), fought with the insurance company, spent some time in a graveyard, baked chocolate chip cookies and now, I am looking forward to the rest of the week and Tammy's commissioning for Vanning, starting at North Hill, worship practice, THING this weekend, baking snickerdoodles, making Rice Krispie squares, going out for coffee with some friends I haven't seen in a while and going to Didsbury this weekend.

To elaborate slightly... I am now working as a part-time receptionist at Axe Music. My first day was Friday and I really enjoyed it. The atmosphere is way more laid back than the previous environment which I really appreciated. I was hired full-time at Bentley and I am based out of Market Mall but I will also be taking some shifts at North Hill whenever they need me. :) I had my first day there today and the people I work with are really fun. It was a good day all in all and the only problems I had were with language barriers. I ran into three today... One with Cantonese, one with Italian and one with Hindi... But two of the three had people with them to translate and the other said he would come back... I tried not to do to that customer what I have done to me in places I don't speak the language (wave arms and speak louder...) as it doesn't help the situation, it would have made us both more frustrated.

As to my car... It is STILL in the shop! They have had it a week and a half and I'm told I'll get it back tomorrow. I'd BETTER get it back tomorrow is all I'm going to say.

I took roses out to my grandparent's plot and then I cried as I stood there... It was hard... This weekend was also hard... With it beign Father's Day, it was more obvious than usual that there was a gaping hole in our family... @---'--- :'(

Leading worship was good, I was frustrated with some sound-related stuff but it sounds like it will be fixed by this weekend when we play again. We are practicing this week and I am looking forward to it. I found out tonight that Breighanne might come to THING this weekend whick would be awesom as it is a couple of months since I last saw her! Also, Emily and Brityn are going to come... It's funny because they want to meet Jordan and Eckley (not sure if I spelled that right...) :D

I already wrote about the swimming... What I didn't write is that I have people who have already asked when we are going to do it again and others that have asked if they can come. I put it through on the account last time so I think I will have to make people pay at least part of their own way the next time...

Last night, my mom and I went and bought the makings for chocolate chip cookies, snickerdoodles and Rice Krispie squares. Tonight, Tammy came over and we made a double batch of chocolate chip cookies and over the course of the next few days I will be making the others for the trip out to Didsbury for the picnic between the parishes of Olds and Didsbury on Sunday.

Tammy's commissioning for Vanning is tomorrow night at St. B's and I am looking forward to it for various reasons that I will write about later!

I think that's all for tonight, I'm getting more and more tired as I write.... night all!

On a final note, yay for weeks that went from sucking to rocking and for an amazingly diverse group of friends that drive from all over Alberta to come and visit you and eat Chinese food and watch the hockey game! Also, yay for Apples to Apples!

2 comments:

Bean said...

Wow! seems like you're having/you had an eventful week!

Cool! working at Market Mall is exciting (I guess) Well I work there, which means that I can come and bother you, if you'd like...

I would like to add myself to the list of people who would like to go swimming - for I haven't gone swimming in FOREVER... plus I bought a new bathing suit that I should probably actually wear some day :P (and do not worry, for I have no problem paying my own fare).

Are you also doing THING worship this saturday?

Tammy said...

And that was the last good hockey game of the Stanley Cup playoffs! LOL

HEARTS!