Thursday, September 24, 2009

Labs and Assignments and Projects, Oh my!

I started to write about this week and then stopped, deleted it all and decided to start again... All in all, school is ok. I’m not completely feeling like I’m drowning but I have a few papers, assignments, etc. coming up rather quickly and it’s starting to really stress me out.

Specifically, I need to chose a topic for my pre-confederate Canadian history class and I need to pick a composer for a music paper. Now, for those of you who know me, a paper like the second one should be easy peasy. However, the composers that come to mind first are people I have written quite extensively about previously. This paper is only 1200 words or something but I almost feel like it’s cheating to write about any of those people again. Thoughts? And does anyone have any suggestions for the history paper? I can write about pretty much anything. In all honesty, it’s actually more of a project than a “paper”... :)

Anyway, Wednesday I attended the EUS AGM and was elected as the Secretary for the 2009/2010 year. :) I’m stoked! This weekend I’m going to Edmonton for an ATA conference aimed specifically at the student locals. We’re staying at the Executive Royal Inn and I might stay through until Sunday so Ryan and I can go to the World Waterpark. :) At the hotel they have $20 passes to West Ed which is a great deal! The people I’m going to get to work with seem like a lot of fun and it’s going to be great to get to know some people around the College. I’m missing being social like I was at home...

Tonight after choir I practiced for my piano lab (which I still feel like I suck at btw) and worked a couple of the pieces we’re being tested on next week. Then, I went to see High School Musical! It was ok... I guess because I’m not in the 12 and under age grouping it probably wasn’t aimed at me. ;) I am supposed to write two concert reviews this semester and I might use it for one but I’m still not sure. I think of a musical as having a plot or story line and this one was cute with the HSM songs and everything but in the long run it had no story line; it was a celebration of summer but there wasn’t really anything that tied everything together other than, “woot! It’s summertime!” :P I’m still debating what other concerts I want to go to but I’m trying to mix it up quite a bit more than I might have previously.

After class tomorrow I’m going to run a few errands and then drive to Edmonton. I’m hoping to see Ryan for a little while before I have to go check in at the conference and he has to be at work... We’ll see how it all pans out.

No comments: