Monday, September 21, 2009

Weddings are always beautiful....

YAY!!! Weekend!!!

To recap the end of my week...

Thursday was ok... I hate history but the professor is entertaining and honestly, he talks a lot and I tend to write things like this while I’m listening... for anyone who is going to freak about that (Mom, Tanya, Auntie Muriel...) my brain retains more information if I’m multi-tasking or I will zone out and not remember anything. We’ve already talked about the first nations and we’ve just finished that. We had a library orientation today... Boring! And we’re talking about the European settlers on Tuesday.

Choir was tougher than I was expecting. She said she would push me but I didn’t realize just how much. So, as per what I wrote before, she moved me to another part of the section and I’m singing the middle part in the three part divisi. What I didn’t realize is that the pieces I’d already learned have a three part divisi as a second soprano part and guess what.... that’s me! So, I went from not needing the music to basically sight reading the pieces. There are sections where I jump back and forth between alto and second soprano as well. All in all, I know that learning the pieces will be ok but the jumping between parts kind of makes my head hurt to be honest. :) I also asked to make sure but in the four part divisi I sing first alto but in the three I technically sing second soprano. It’s going to be fun!!!

Friday was good and bad. My music class had a library orientation and tour today. Boring and a repetition of Thursday... Dance was fun! There were 8 of us and the professor so it was a ton of fun! We got to dance with everyone and learned some rumba which was cool. We worked a lot on the foxtrot and did the line dances again. Thankfully, no “La Raspa” today! :) In Math, I FINALLY understood something!!! I still don’t understand the union, whatever bar, intersect stuff but I’m trying. Today we started number sets. So, as it turns out, I can do those! We were doing things like (this is my own example) 123 base 5 + 456 base 5 = 1134 base 5 (yes, I did the math to figure out what that would be). He used base 10 to begin with and explained that it’s like using the 10x10 blocks, the 10’s and 1’s as well. I remember doing that and have done it with mom’s classes so putting it into that context made more sense to me! (I will say, HOLY CRAP, I can’t believe I understand something!)

Friday night I spent some time with Ryan, did coffee with Matt and then ended up in Edmonton. We had breakfast at the Flying J in Sherwood Park and then went to Ryan’s and slept for a few hours. We got stuck in traffic on our way to Calgary and sadly missed the wedding ceremony. :( We checked into the hotel, went to buy Ryan a belt and then grabbed something to eat. We went to the reception and it was good to see some people I haven’t seen in a while. It was nice to see Adrienne’s parents and to meet Joshua while he was awake (I’ve only ever been around when he’s asleep or at daycare or with Adrienne’s parents and we’re out somewhere). Adrienne looked beautiful and the bridesmaid dresses were gorgeous! At the reception, I realized just how self-conscious I am. Specifically about what/how much I eat. I was drinking orange juice with a bit of grenadine (no alcohol) and got some weird looks about that. Oh! And, Adrienne said she didn’t recognize me at first but realized she’s seen pictures of Ryan so realized who I was based on him. (I thought that was cute.) Dinner was pre-plated so I shared with Ryan and ate what I could. I tried the salad, had a piece of meat, some mashed potatoes, some veggies (beans and such) and a couple of bites of cheesecake. I liked that it was spaced out so I had time to digest and could try a bit more than usual. After the open mic (which I didn’t get up for, I would have cried and Adrienne would have cried and I didn’t want that) and toasts, the dance started. During the first dance, Joshua wanted to be included which was really cute. :) I danced a few fast songs with the girls and then Ryan and I danced to a couple of songs. I LOVE to dance and he’s so strong that when we dance and he spins me, I almost fly. I’ve gotten to the point that I just pivot on one foot when he spins me! Afterwards I laugh and laugh and he thinks it’s funny because I’m all dizzy and I cling to him. Lol, it’s fun and I’ve never felt like being goofy is ok before but with Ryan I feel like it’s a good thing and that we have a ton of fun. Honestly, we have fun no matter what we do together. :) Afterwards we were staying at the Quality Inn so we stopped in at the Q and had a couple of drinks and then went and slept like we were dead... We were so tired we slept until noon on Sunday. :) I had a Math assignment to do so we went and hung out at the lounge with Micah and I did my assignment. I don't feel like I'm EVER going to understand Venn diagrams! :P

This week is looking like it’s going to be a long one. But I’m looking forward to it anyway!

No comments: