Wednesday, November 23, 2005

My New Blog

I have never had a blog where I could post exactly how I was feeling and what I was thinking. I decided to change that.

*WARNING* This blog may not always be happy and upbeat but it will always be honest and truthful.

I chose the names for the title for this blog from some of my favourite names or meanings. I didn't want it to be too long but it still ended up being quite long. The meaning of the names is described below the title and the other names I was looking at were "Day" which means "hope," "Anastasia" which means "resurrection" and "Destiny" which means "for which you were meant to do." But after going through the meanings, I went with what felt right. With the names/meanings that meant the most to me or described me.


Included within my title is the name Irina, which, as some people know, is actually my name in Russian. Written in Russian characters, it is: Ирина. I am very proud of my heritage but wish I was more in tune with what my name actually means... I haven't been feeling very peaceful as of late and my goal for the next little while is to work on that.

One thing some people I trust recommended was that I try to do something that is just for me. Whether that is hanging out with friends, going to a movie, going for a walk, going for a swim or whatever... if I feel good about it, that is what is important. Lately, I have been caring a lot about how other people are feeling and what they need and while that is important, I should be more worried about myself than I have been.

I haven't been feeling very well lately and I am prone to injury (I hurt my knee somehow and I can't figure out what I did to it) and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do. So for now, I am trying to make sure I eat and sleep (two things I tend to forget to do) and see what happens from there.

No comments: