Friday, December 23, 2005

Open House, etc...

Last night was interesting...

I am not going to go into a run through of my last few days as a play by play is a good way of me winding down sometimes but in retrospect of a couple of days, maybe not so much. So I will touch on the highlights...

Tuesday we got back into town and I spent some time at my mom's school. Afterwards, John went to the CAVE and mom and I drove out to Cochrane to see Laura, Jason, Anders, Jack and Emma. We gave them their Christmas gifts and Anders and Jack their birthday gifts as well and I hung out for a bit and chatted with Laura after my mom left to go pick up John.

Ben called around 10 and I made plans to meet him at my house around 11 so we could go rent a movie (it was too late to go to a theatre) and I left Cochrane around 10:30.

Ben and I met up and unloaded my car and then went to Blockbuster and Wendy's. We went back to my place and watched "The 40 Year Old Virgin" and then sat and talked. He left around 4:30am.

The next day I hung out at the house and spent some time with my grandpa, went to my J.C. appointment and then to see my physiotherapist. Turns out I'm not nuts, I did screw up a tendon in my knee and he worked on it (ultrasound, electric stimulation,etc.) and did acupuncture. I felt better but sore after and went to meet my mom and brother (anyone ever notice you take out one letter and it becomes "bother" I wonder if there is a reason for that...???) at North Hill. John greeted me with "Luke's getting married!" and I was surprised but happy for Luke. (He is a friend of John's who has been around for years and I know his older sister's.) We did some Christmas shopping, organized food and beverages for the Open House the next day and then went in our separate directions. I ended up at Shaun's house with Ben and Shaun and we watched "Must Love Dogs" and they both rolled their eyes and such but it was cute in a sappy kind of way... :) I dropped Ben off at home and then came home and crashed.

Wednesday was our Christmas Open House... I spent the day running around and picking up food, decorating the house and generally, trying not to panic. Our first guests arrived at 4:45 (or so) and we hung out for a while before anyone else came. It was a good night though. The final list of who came was fairly short and mainly my friends but it was fun. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves at least. The people who came were: John, Mom, Papa, Britney, Taryn, Laurel, Kurtis, Jackie, Ben, Matt, Korrina, Katrina, Jan, Shannon and I. Six of us crashed in the living room for the night... It was an interesting evening. I don't know what else to say about it... I had a good time overall and my friends seemed to as well. Some people did or said stuff they may regret later but that is typical of a gathering where there are many people.

We went for a walk to find a park and tried the elementary school by my house first. Turns out, there is a park there, it is further back in the field than we walked and we went to this other park that has skating rink by my place instead. We split into girls and guys and talked and such and then walked back to the house. A few people added layers of clothes and then we went and laid in the field across the street and looked at the stars. Matt and I had found Orion while we were walking but we were looking for the dippers. We found the big dipper just before we went in but we were having issues finding the little dipper... Could be that we were slightly intoxicated at the time... :) When we got back, we put on "Raise Your Voice" and Brit, Matt and Taryn fell asleep almost immediately. I sat in the kitchen and talked to Jan until a little past 3. We talked about a lot of random stuff. It was a good conversation.

In the morning, we cleaned up a bit and then at noon(ish) Ben and Britney left with Brit's dad and then the rest of the people who had stayed helped me clean up the rest of the dishes, the furniture, the food, etc. I vacuumed the living room, hallway and dining room and around 1 Matt drove Taryn home and Jan to a train station.

I then went to get my hair cut and then back home to meet up with my mom to finish off Christmas shopping. My dad was here when I got home tonight so I am going to bed early. I am going to get as much sleep as I can!

No comments: