Sunday, December 18, 2005

News, tired, a missed exam and the second Christmas party of the season...

So, last night I blogged and then figured I'd read for a bit and head for bed. So I chatted for a bit longer on MSN to Meghan and such and then waited to see if Ben would show up online and when he didn't, I headed for my room... But around 1:40am the phone rang. John and I both answered it and it was my dad wanting to talk to John. He and I both stayed on the phone and he and dad "talked." It was more like dad talked and John listened. John asked dad why he has been acting so out of control and he told him he has been scaring people and dad said that he hasn't been doing anything wrong. The call progressed, he said a ton of untrue things that were degrading to my character and integrity and finally started yelling and swearing at John and hung up on us. We took the phone off the hook at that point...

I needed air. I needed space to breathe. I needed to go out. So I went for a drive. I drove around the Westside for a bit and then stopped at Mac's to get a Froster and talk to Will for a few and then I figured I'd head home. A few turned into over an hour. I left home around 2:30, got to Mac's around 3 and got home just after 4.

I went online when I got home for a few minutes before heading for bed and the bestfriend of one of my oldest guy friends was online. He had recently told me that he and his common-law wife are expecting a baby. So tonight he told me that the friend that we have in common is getting married in July and that he and his "wife" are getting married shortly after that. I said congrats to him and asked him to pass my congrats on to our friend as I haven't seen or heard from him since he moved in with the fiancee. I didn't say the last part, it is a known fact to this person. He spazzed out about something to do with "I better be invited to your wedding when you get married" and then he "wasn't getting in the middle" and then went offline. I am puzzled and perplexed as I don't really know what prompted the first and why the second as I wouldn't put him in the middle. He has tried to be the middle man and I won't let him. I also talked to my friend Shaun as he was up studying for an exam he had to write at 8am today.

I went to bed around 5 or so and then got up around 11. I got into the shower at noon(ish) and John rapped on the bathroom door about 10 minutes later. I was in the process of rinsing my hair for the final time so I yelled for him to wait and then turned off the water. All I could hear was something about an exam so I got out and quickly dried off and opened the door enough that I could hear him. It turns out that the exam he thought was today from 4-6 was this morning from 10-12 and he had missed it. He found out by one of the people in his class coming online and saying "Dude, why weren't you there this morning? It's not like you to miss an exam." Full blown panic attack!!!! Due to the stress and anxiety he and I have both been dealing with all week, I was surprised neither of us was in tears last night over dad's stupidity.... Hell, I almost cried for him over the missed exam... I threw my contacts in and grabbed clothes and we booked it over to the College to try and find his professor. We found her, explained what has been happening and the mix up of the times written down and he can write the exam on Tuesday. *HUGE sigh of relief*

I made it to the mall where I was supposed to have my hair done at 1 by 1:20 (my friend Laura was supposed to do it originally but had to cancel as she got called in to work more hours) and I was glad I had washed my hair already because she just needed to finish blowdrying it and then flat iron it. It is gorgeous straight and I felt much better once it was done. We stopped at Music World on the way out and I bought the Il Divo Christmas CD... It is amazing... They are amazing...Anyway, John and I hiked out to my car (it was parked outside Jysk at the far end of the mall facing the highway) and then went home.

When I got home I began to peel potatoes (I was supposed to bring mashed potatoes to dinner tonight) and realized we don't have a potato masher. I had done about 4 out of the 12 that needed doing so John took over while I ran to Safeway and bought one. By the time I got back (about 20 minutes later), the potatoes were peeled, chopped and ready to be cooked. We turned them on and I went to work on other things.

I talked to Sandra online and then on the phone, Laurel on the phone, wrote my Christmas Cards for the Rover Crew, talked to Matt on MSN and made the mashed potatoes, got dressed and did my make-up, all between 3 and 6. By 6:15 I was on my way to the Rover's Christmas party.

I got to wear my "No Place Like Home" shoes again. :) We had a traditional turkey dinner and I had sparkling apple juice, punch, eggnog and water to drink... I seriously felt like I could float... We opened presents and I drew the number 7 so by the time we got to me, I chose a fairly small gift (on purpose) and got a set of coasters and shot glasses with the suits of the deck of cards on them. They are pretty cool. :) Joyce got the gift I brought and she seemed to really like it. Joyce and Rick gave us all little snowmen and we had dessert and then helped clean up and left to come home. I drove Cory home.

On my way, I stopped at Safeway, Blockbuster and Liquor World. I picked up Cherries, a couple of DVD's and a bottle of Yellow Tail Chardonnay. I figured I would have a glass of wine when I got home (no drinking and driving for me!). When I was in the liquor store, I was talking to Shaun on the phone and the guy behind the counter was giving me kind of strange looks and then kind of laughing at my side of the conversation. I should probably point out that I am all dressed up, talking about kinds of white wines and the fact that Liquor Depot owns Liquor World or something and about some guy who bought 12 bottles of Arbour Mist wine and a bottle of scotch... I'm sure my conversation was weird sounding. But the guy in the store... He was kind of cute... I may have to go back sometime. :D

I got home, the bottle of wine went into the fridge (where it still is and will probably stay for a bit) and then I hung out and talked to Matt online and then Laurel on the phone. I just made chocolate chip/chunk cookies and I reheated some mashed potatoes and I am going to go watch a DVD with a glass of milk and some cherries. Meal #2 of the day at 1:30am. :)

I am going to bed once I am either a) done eating or b) the DVD finishes. We have unplugged the phones in our rooms tonight and our mom is going to call us in the morning on one of our cell phones to figure out what time we are meeting her in Claresholm tomorrow. Off to watch a movie!!!

No comments: