Monday, June 12, 2006

"A Black Cloud"???

So last weekend, I called my boss on Sunday night and she asked me if I have a "black cloud" over my head. See, the past couple of weeks have been... Interesting.

So, I got to work and one of the days it poured midday, she decided to send some of us home. I had gotten stuck in traffic that morning and with my dark interior, I leave the windows on my car open a tiny bit so a little bit of air can circulate. That day, I parked, realized the wondows were shut, opened them a bit and ran to be on time. After it bucketed, I ran to my car and the doors were slightly wet. I figured the sluggishness of the windows could be attributed to that. Then I looked in the ignition. In the process of rolling up my windows, I had left my keys in the ignition and the key turned to the "on" position. Not started but "on" so that I could roll my windows down. Boy, did I feel dumb. Even more so when I had to call AMA to come and boost my car. (I'd like to point out that I own booster cables but John borrowed them and they are currently in our gp's car which is in having the transmission replaced...)

So, later that same week, my alarm didn't go off and I was late for work (not sure why it didn't go off, my clock was flashing 12:00 but the rest of the house seemed to be fine :S ???)

On the Sunday, I showed up at work to be greeted with, "it's SO good to see you!" (I'm almost positive this person hates me...) "You aren't scheduled to be here but I'm glad you are because now we can open!" (For anyone who doesn't know, I HATE this job...) I worked the entire shift while waiting to hear from a good friend who I had told to call me if she needed me because she was dealing with some stuff and at the end of my shift, as I went to finish my cash out in the store, I dropped my stuff off at my car and then ran inside the store. I was gone less than five minutes and when I came back out, my bag of stuff and coat were there but my purse was gone. Now, I am going to point out that my windows were down on my car (as per usual at this point) and the doors were most likely unlocked... But the purse was the only thing to go missing. However, my entire life was in that thing. And the things that upset me the most were the purse and wallets were pretty much brand new (I'd had them less than a week so they were brand new...) and my digital camera was in there as well (I had been taking it everywhere with me) as well as a pin that Tammy had gotten me at YC that said, "Someday my Prince will come Acts 1:11." I called the police and it took them 3.5 hours to get there but my mom didn't want me driving without a license or something saying that my I.D. had been stolen. The officer I spoke to seemed surprised that I knew my driver's license number but... whatever. I have always been good with numbers that are important to me. Anyway, I was off work at 5:15 that night and finally left at just after 9. After, I met up with Ben (he'd been away at a retreat and had just gotten back) and we kidnapped Tammy and went to BP's and hung out for a bit. Ben was really patient with both of us as neither Tammy or I had had a very good day. It was cool to hear about what he had been up to while he was gone. :)

Over the course of the past week, I have had to cancel all of my credit cards (I did most of that while I was waiting for the police to arrive) and go get a new debit card, replace my I.D. (driver's and birth certificate) and deal with the insurance company on many different days and for hours on end. The short version of the rest of it is that I am having my locks redone on my car, I have replaced as many things as I can and I am still waiting for some other things to come in the mail. For now, I am pretty upset about the lack of support from my boss and she is the one who commented about the "black cloud" over my head which honestly, upset me. So, I am thinking that if I can find other job soon, I will quit my current one...

No comments: