Saturday, December 17, 2005

Ignoring him, exam and wrapping...

This morning the phone rang. I rolled over and answered it, figuring it was my mom calling to wake my brother up because he had an exam first thing and not looking at the clock. Not so much. Turns out it was my dad and it was 4:30am. All I got back on the other end was a long line of swearing and such so I hung up. The phone rang again. I didn't answer it this time. He left a message and among the swearing was names calling and accusations that were completely not valid. When he called the third time, I didn't answer, he left a message and I took the phone off the hook. I then spent an hour and a half on the phone trying to fix some of the damage he had done in the phone calls he had previously made (based on what I understood around the demeaning names and profanity) and then tried to get a little more sleep.

Will called around 7:30 because I had called him to ask if he had a tape recorder and couldn't reach him (that was around 6:15, I knew he'd be at work but didn't know if he would have his cell with him or not...) and I told him I would call him later, I didn't feel much like talking. I fell back asleep until around 9:00 and the got up and dressed and ready to go to my exam which was at 10.

I am feeling pretty shaky now, even as I write this and during the exam, I wasn't feeling much better. I wrote as much as I could for the three essay-type questions and tried not to repeat myself of put in unnecessary information. I finished in a little under 2 hours, handed in my final paper as well and then John picked me up.

I was talking to my grandpa when he picked me up and I found out my dad has been going through and opening some of my mail and such at their house (which is technically MY house) so I may need to make some phone calls to change my mailing address on things again, this time to Lethbridge... My grandpa said he is trying to pull mail for me before my dad can see it and he is hiding it and I am expecing a couple of packages in the next couple of weeks so he said he will make sure those go somewhere safe as well. I also talked to my mom and she is trying to get a hold of dad's doctor's and has had no luck so far... :(

We came home and I had a nap until it was time to go to my dr's appointment at 3:00. John had an exam this afternoon as well so he dropped me off, I went to my appointment and then I walked home. I have to say, it was colder than I had anticipated...

John got home and he and I wrapped presents for a bit and then he ran out to get pizza for dinner and potatoes because I need them for tomorrow (I am taking mashed potatoes to the potluck I am going to) and then Holly came over. (Holly is a friend of John's.) They helped me wrap presents and now they are all done with only a few exceptions that I am not sure if I am supposed to wrap because I have to check with my mom. At one point John and Holly ran out to Wal-Mart to get Will a present from John (kind of an inside joke) and I can't wait to see the reaction tomorrow!

I am currently waiting to hear that my mom got home from her staff Christmas party okay and I just checked my messages on my pager and I have 2 new ones from my dad, left around 5:30am today... So, that means he left me a total of 5 messages on various answering machines... *sigh* I wish he would just leave me alone.

Just as an FYI for anyone who wants to know, I am probably staying at my cousins house in Cochrane while I am home if things with my dad don't settle down. They are going to be out of town and I have the place to myself. I will, however, welcome company!

I'm going to go wait for my mom to call and read a book or something... Night...

No comments: