Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Phones, Travel and Studying.

When I woke up at 6am *groan* and tried to call my mom to see if I could take the later bus, my cell redirected me to Rogers. I was not impressed. So I called mom from a land line, called Rogers and fixed things, called Ben and told him I was going to take the later bus and went back to sleep.

I got up at 11 or so and then studied for a bit and talked to my mom on the phone. She told me that my dad had called and found out the balance on my home phone bill was over $400 (which is definitely not normal!) and I needed to call and put a payment on it. I called Telus as I had already put several payments on it and couldn't figure out why John would have called me from Lethbridge and then mom to sy that they were going to cut off our phone service at the house... As it turns out, they had changed our account ID# without informing me of the new one and had been letting me put the payments through on the old ID# and the payments were basically just sitting there. The agent transferred the payments to the new ID# and we are ok. I also had her put a password on the account as what my dad had done was called and said "who he was" but he'd said he was "John the roommate" not "John the father of the roommate." So, two John's same last name, no one questioned it and they gave him information that was none of his business. So he now doesn't have access to that information as he shouldn't have had access and they shouldn't have given him the information to begin with. I was pretty much livid when she told me, "your roommate John called early this morning for a balance check on the account" when my roommate John would have been ASLEEP at the time of the call.... Grrr.... It's fixed now.

Anyway, I called Ben around noon and asked him if he could still give me a ride to the bus to be there by 1. He said no problem... He picked me up around 12:45 and made small talk with my grandpa and we drove to the bus station. I felt weird having so many bags.. One small one with clothes, a rolling suitcase with Christmas presents in it, one full of textbooks and my laptop case with my laptop and textbooks in it. I could take two on the bus and two off. Ben thought it was kind of funny that my smallest bag was my bag of clothes. And that the bag also had a pair of winter boots in it... :)

I bought my ticket and Ben sat with me and we chatted and such until they made the boarding call for my bus and then Ben left. I lined up to board...

I got a seat by myself for the entire trip. I did some reading (romance novel, school books, etc.), some work on my essay and napped for a little while. I also ate the snack/lunch I had brought (leftover Lipshevnik, yougurt smoothie, lemonade, applesauce, granola bar) and watched the scenery go by. It wasn't as bad a trip as others I have taken. The bus only stopped in South Calgary, High River, Nanton, Claresholm and Fort MacLeod before Lethbridge instead of every little town. I got back to Lethbridge and the bus station was literally crawling with police officers. John met me and helped me carry my bags. Turns out, they were looking for this mom and little girl I had been talking to as I had waited to board in Calgary... The little girl had told me she was 5 today. She had just gotten her Cabbage Patch Doll at her birthday party yesterday and they were going to visit family. They are from Drumheller. She was really proud of her Winnie-the-Pooh suitcase with the wheels and handle that she could pull like her moms. It seemed sad that the police were looking for them... Abduction or something was what John figured. Weird.

We stopped and picked up groceries because we were majorly low on milk and I picked up some cherries and raspberries and we needed cheese and bread... We also got pop because it was on sale...

I came home and went straight to work on my essay. I checked my e-mail and had a ton of new ones that I disregarded if they weren't important and the only one I read was one from my dad that really upset me. It upset me enough that I am now emotionally exhausted again... I was feeling kind of tired to begin with and fairly emotionally raw from my weekend at home, especially the past 48 hours. I am finished my essay, all except getting it printed and fitting the musical examples in. I will do that in the morning... For now, sleep is good.

No comments: