Sunday, December 11, 2005

Uneventful.

Today began quite uneventfully… After going to bed so late (this time, not so much on purpose…) I got up fairly late and putzed around the house for a bit (reading and studying and such) and talked to my grandpa as he got ready to go out and then had a shower. My mom and brother showed up about 15 minutes after my grandpa left and I got my stuff out of my car so my brother could leave for Lethbridge. (I gave him my car to get back and I will be taking the bus back Tuesday morning.)

My mom and I worked on our Christmas cards and my grandparent’s Christmas cards for a couple of hours and all we have to do is put the Christmas letters in them and seal them and send them. After, we went to the mall to visit Sandra at Carlton so I could get some Christmas cards and such. It was nice to see her… She looked absolutely wiped… Mom and I hung out at the mall and had a cinnamon bun and then drove to pick something up for dad for dinner and dropped it off at their house and then went to the Winter Club for a swim and something for dinner. We ended up eating first and it was interesting… We both ordered an actual “drink” with dinner and when the waiter came to ask about refills we ordered a pop each. He looked kind of surprised but got them for us. So my mom didn’t want to finish hers and asked if I wanted it and I said “yes” so she poured it into mine (we were drinking the same thing) and the waiter came back and saw her empty glass, picked up our other two empties and came back with a refill of her pop! I would like to point out that neither of us had touched the food we were sharing for about 10 minutes at that point and she switched me glasses and then I walked over and politely asked for our bill. Then went down to the pool and sat in the hot tub for a bit but neither of us really felt like swimming so we got out after about 20 minutes and rinsed off. We stopped at Safeway for a few things to make the dish for the potluck I am going to tomorrow night at Brit’s and a couple of things my grandpa needed and we drove past the lights at Confederation Park because I didn’t get to see them last year and then my mom dropped me off.

Now, I am writing this and then I am going to go put groceries away and try to go to bed early tonight. I am also going to try to figure out how to mend things with Ben (I don't like people being mad at me or whatever...) and get some peaceful rest…

No comments: