Sunday, November 27, 2005

"Pensive..."

I'm blogging early tonight so I can work on/finish homework and go to bed fairly early...

Today I slept in. I figured that I was up early yesterday and last night, after I posted my blog, I ended up talking to Will on the phone for a while... Almost an hour I think. We talked about random things and it was cool to talk to him. When we got off the phone, I watched the last half an hour of "Christmas with the Kranks" and then went to sleep. It was around 4am. :( And, I wonder why I can't sleep??? (Rhetorical question.) So I woke up and got up around noon. My mom called me the first time around 8 or so and then every about an hour until I got up at noon. She was calling to keep me informed about how John's curling games were going. They won last night so they played this morning at 10 and then they won this morning so they played this afternoon at 2. So I got up and did homework for a few, got ready/packed and left. I got to Claresholm around 4 and his game ended around 5. They were playing 10 ends and they were tied at the end of the 10th. So they played an 11th. It looked like it was going to come down to the last rock and was so tense! They won and that meant they were done for today but they play next weekend in Coleman (in the Crowsnest Pass) to determine who goes to Provincials or Nationals or something... I'm honestly not really sure, I just know that only 4 teams move on. And if they had lost this afternoon, they would have played tonight at 6. The funny thing about the 2:00 game was they were playing the team from LCC, which is all guys they know/go to school with/have curled with. It made for an interesting game.

By the time we got back to Lethbridge, it was too late to run some of the errands my mom and I had planned. So I came in and did a bit of homework before going out for dinner with Will. We went to East Side Mario's. It was interesting... He chose the restaurant and I'm glad I made him choose. I was trying to decide but (as per usual) I was overthinking it. I was going through the places we could go and ruling out some of them due to too much noise, too many memories, wrong impression given by going there, not sure enough of the food, don't feel like eating there, too expensive, etc. When all of these thoughts were racing around in my head, that was the point that I called him and made him decide. Dinner was good, we talked about random things and life and such. It was very comfortable and that's great. The problem was that I still need to know what is/has been going on in his head and he hasn't elaborated. I don't want to press or pry but I am frustrated because I know that I am more outgoing and whatever but my spilling my guts to him doesn't seem fair if I get nada in return. I enjoyed dinner and all but I don't know if can spend time one on one with him again for a while. It is tough. He looked very pensive tonight and I asked him what he was thinking and he didn't tell me. Other that coming out and saying "what the hell is going on in your head???" I'm not sure how to approach things because I have tried almost everything else I can think of. When he dropped me off I told him that I still want to know what is happening in his head at some point and he said, "ok" but I don't know if that's a "yes" or a blow off...

I have theory and two papers to work on, plus we are going to get groceries... I am going to go ice my knee for a few before I have to walk on it. It is swollen and it hurts and I don't know what else to do for it that I haven't aleady tried. (I should see about getting a physio appointment...)

I don't know what else to say so I think this is going to be it for today...

No comments: