Sunday, November 27, 2005

"Errands..." Shaun... WILD THING... Yay! (but strange...)

Today was a ton of fun!

My phone rang at 7:58am. I rolled over to answer it and realized that my alarm clock was about to go off... It was Shaun, calling to make sure I was awake and checking what time I was picking him up. We talked for a minute or so and afterwards, I got up. I had a shower and got dressed and left.

I got about a third of the way to Shaun's and realized that my cell phone was sitting on my bed so I turned around and went back for it. I got to his house around 9 and he poured me a cup of tea and we watched a few minutes of some weird movie and then left. He commented about me jeans (said he liked them :D) and I was glad he noticed, they are new and I really like them!

We dropped the rim off at AWR and it is going to cost me $100 to get it fixed so I think I will check some wreckage yards first. The lady there is going to hold it until I call her in regards to the repairs. Our first stop on the list of Silent Auction related stops was Axe Music on Blackfoot. I dropped off the letter about the Auction to the Sales manager, ran into Sandra's brother (who works there and doesn't remember ever meeting me...) and Shaun played one of the guitars. I don't remember the brand name but it reminds me of "sphinx" and other words that sound similar... He bought an AC/DC songbook and I bought a gift for a friend's birthday. Our next stop was Long & McQuade. I was not impressed with the guy I dealt with there. I told the guys at the counter who I needed to see and one of them called him. He told him that "some girl from the University of Lethbridge is here about a donation of a guitar for a Silent Auction." I said, "no! I am here about a donation to a Silent Auction, NOT a guitar for the Silent Auction!" and the guy was like, "oh." Dummy... *eyes rolling* And because of that, I may not get a donation from them! I was NOT impressed! Our next stop was St. John's music where I picked up some Clarinet Reeds, a Reed Case, a Chamois swab and the donation which is a really nice chromatic tuner. Shaun tested a guitar and it didn't have as nice a sound as the one at Axe. I didn't like the look of it as much either but whatever... :) He commented that if a bunch of his friends chipped in, he'd take a Daisy Rock guitar. I think they are so hilarious. The pink flower is definitely the one for him. :D He bought four (or five?) guitar straps and the complete AC/DC songbook... this thing makes most of my textbooks for school look tiny and they are pretty big! Our next stop was Vintage Guitars and they had some really cool stuff! The owner donated a Learn to play Harmonica thing that comes with a CD-ROM and a harmonica and case. Shaun saw a couple of pedals he really liked but he didn't want to spend the money right now (they were expensive!) so he is going to wait. He and I were talking on the way out of Vintage and I commented to him that it's too bad that places that sell guitars wouldn't donate something like a patch cord or strings or a strap or something. Also, it's interesting that none of the music stores have donated anything percussion related either.... Oh well. We went to the Movie Poster Shop next... I wasn't sure what to expect... I walked in and handed the letter to the guys behind the counter and they both looked completely lost. One of them made a phone call and then they started pulling posters. They pulled 9 posters in all, some are doubles but all are fun/cool, and each poster was marked at $22 retail... I was SHOCKED!!! Our last stop was Music Makers and they donated a harmonica in a case and it's really cool... I think it would be interesting to learn to play harmonica but honestly, I don't have the time to do that right now.

I went to my appointment at JC at Crowfoot at 1:30 and then we went for lunch at the Mongolie Grill. Shaun hadn't ever been there! It was cool watching him experience it for the first time. We over-ordered on purpose and even had dessert (not that we finished it all...) and sitting talking about stuff was cool. After lunch I took him home and he passed me off some miniature bottles of Scotch, Rye and Rum that he has from stuff he bought (they were attached) as I know a few people who will drink them and he won't. It was awesome to hang out with him today... We don't get to see each other very often and we didn't kill each other today which is always good!

I went home and put my leg up for a while to rest and chatted online and did some homework and reorganized some stuff and just basically chilled for a while. It was nice to be able to take a break... I don't get to do that enough while I am home on weekends, I am pretty much constantly running around.

Tonight there was WILD THING. The worship was amazing!!! The band was two TECites that haven't been around in a while (one who used to work in the kitchen at Entheos) and it was really cool to see them and the band did some songs that very few of us knew and others that I was really happy they did as I haven't heard them done in a worship setting in a while or ever. It was an amazing night for worship. One of the guys who was singing during the first set had an amazing voice. He had the kind of voice that makes it easeir to worship.... It made spending time in worship a lot calmer and easier. The talk tonight was about JW's and the similarities and differences between JW's and Christian's. It was interesting to hear about the minor and major differences between the two. It made me do a lot of thinking.... (I was already doing a lot of thinking though so it kind of made my head hurt by the end of the night...) Our small group had a great discussion but it was tough to discuss this without seeming somewhat biased as we are a Christian group. Anyway, I prayed for a while during the second set and I felt a lot better about some of the stuff that has been weighing me down lately (family, school, friends, health, relationships, etc.) and I felt more in touch with the worship and less like I was weighed down afterwards. The pew I was sitting in was interesting but I found it to be distracting during the first set. I love the girls I was glad to be included and all but I felt really old by comparison to them... During the second set Ben and Matt joined us. It was nice to be surrounded by my friends but after praying and worship, I needed my own space and I went for a bit of a walk outside. It was chilly and windy but I spent some time sitting outside and then went back in. I got up and asked for prayer for myself during the next couple of weeks and for the friend who is sick (I am SO worried about her!) and praise that I could be there tonight and for the worship... I said that I needed a space to spend time with God and the worship provided it and that was awesome. I know I'm not the only one who feels that way...

After THING we went to Moxie's and the mix at the table was interesting. Mike came to meet us and it was really great to see him! Ben was the oldest at the table and there was four of us at the end of the table that were around the same age and at the opposite end was a group around 20 to 21. The group in the middle of the table was all 16 to 17 and you could see/hear the difference between the groups. I was sitting between Ben and Mike and it was good to be sitting between two of my favourite guys. We had some interesting conversations, ranging from creation to feminie hygiene product purchase and it was funny to hear some people's opinions or watch some people's reactions. At the end of the night, once everyone had paid their bills, Mike and I sat and talked about a bunch of stuff. It was nice to talk to him. The nice thing about my friendship with Mike is that even if he and I don't see each other for months at a time, it's like no time has passed.

Now, I'm home and I'm tired but I have a lot on my mind. I am going for dinner with Will tomorrow night and I am really looking forward to it on one hand but on the other hand, I am kind of nervous/scared. He and I still haven't really sorted out what was going on in both of our heads (mainly, I don't know what in his) and I don't know if I want to deal with that right now. I will have to figure that out sooner rather than later.

No comments: