Saturday, December 03, 2005

7am to 3am... Oh boy!

So last night, after I posted my blog, my mom and I were watching a movie and she fell asleep. So I tried to wake her up so she could move onto a bed (she was on the floor) and nothing was working. I tried poking, shaking, calling "mom, wake up!" and nada. So I tried the petting her hair thing she used to do to me when I was little in combination with the "mom, wake up!" and she started to wake up... looked up towards me... and screamed her head off! It's 1am and she's screaming bloody blue murder! I'm like, "mom, it's me! Calm down!" and she stopped, but I was surprised the neighbours didn't call the cops!

Ok, I'm not sure what is up with people calling my house so early lately, specifically people in my family but my dad called this morning at 6:09am. I answered the phone similarly to the way I answered it yesterday and he asked if my mom was there. When I said she was still asleep he responded with, "well, she reset the friggin alarm clock to beep instead of radio and it sounded like a friggin firm alarm was going off in the house so I assume she needed to be up at this time for some reason." I told him we still had almost an hour until we were planning to get up and I was going back to sleep. At that point, I hung up and went back to sleep.

I dropped my car off to have the tires rotated, oil changed, brakes checked and replaced if needed, windshield wipers replaced, etc. My mom dropped me back off at home and I called a cab to get me to school as I had an appt. on campus at 10 before my class at 11. The cab was about 15 minutes late and I made it to my appt. with about 30 sec. to spare. The appt. went ok, it had to do with the class I am withdrawing from with cause. But there were certain aspects of the appt. that upset me and I just wanted it to be over. The best part about the appt. was when I got a phone call from the autobody saying my car was finished. It ended up being done way sooner than I had expected and for way less than I had expected as well!

I gave Dee her birthday gift before class and she laughed but seemed to enjoy it! :D Steve sang Dee, Ash and I the "I want a Hippo" Telus commercial and it made us smile. I kind of want to see if I can find him a hippo for a gift for Christmas. :)

Class was pretty scattered today, the prof was all over the place for much of it and a lot of us were pretty bored. Most of us had no idea what he was talking about! We decided that our last ear training exam should be all made up of 0123, 0246, 0378, 035, 037 and 047 because we are able to hear those and no 0156 or 0167 because it's hard to tell the difference right now...

After class Laura picked Ash and I up and they dropped me off to pick up my car. I ended up doing some Christmas shopping. I got some stuff for my friends and family, for the Rover Christmas party, and for a few of ths kids at my mom's school whose families cannot afford to buy toys and such. My mom had given me a list and I got the stuff on the list so it was all good. :)

I went to the mall and got my hair done (my bangs trimmed, she washed my hair and I mentioned that I have natural curl and she played with it a bit) and I came out with... A bit of an 80's thing going on. It is awesome though!!!!

I ran a couple of other errands and then, as I was leaving the mall, I saw something that made me really upset. The roads and sidewalks were covered in snow and there was this guy in a wheelchair crossing the street... The guy is trying to carry a box that doesn't fit on his lap and it keeps sliding off and his wheels keep getting stuck in the snow. And people keep walking past him and ignoring him! The one person that I thought was going to stop (at least he looked at him) was this Hutterite or Mennonite guy who was walking past... If I hadn't been blocking traffic to do so (and there were about 10 cars behind me at the light) I would have gotten out to help. As it was, he put the corner of the bag in his mouth and kept going. When he got to the other side and was having trouble getting up onto the sidewalk, someone waiting to cross the other way (E to W instead of S to N) helped him by holding the box for him. It just made me mad that like 8 people walked past him while he was struggling and didn't help!

Anyway, I went home and had an hour long nap (I had a headache and it helped) and then got ready for the concert. My mom and I took one car and I told her to sit in the center balcony for the best sound and so she could see me. The concert went really well. The guy who sits next to me managed to break one of the keys on his clarinet like 10 minutes before we went on stage. And then he asked after one piece if we could move our stand down.... The conductor is conducting above his head and I had the stand fairly low and that proves he's not watching the conductor!!!! He's lucky that I can't stand him already because I just did the, "oh well, whatever" thing in his general direction. He says he likes being in the choir better than being in orchestra and I kind of hopes he decides not to do orchestra next semester!

After the concert, my mom and I went for dinner at Moxies. We talked about the concert and she said the only thing that kind of bothered her was that a lot of the choir stuff was very Catholic in nature and it was all slow. At least our pieces vary in tempo and such so they aren't as boring. The other thing she commented about was that she was lonely sitting by herself. I need to make sure that next time I have a concert there is someone for her (that she knows preferably) to sit with.

Afterwards, we went home and wrapped gifts and such and then went to bed... I know I'm going to sleep tonight because I have been up since 7am and it's almost 3am now...

No comments: