Thursday, December 01, 2005

Things are looking up...

So, the phone rang at 6:54am and I rolled over and answered it with something resembling, "'lo'?" It was my mom calling to talk to my brother about what is going on this weekend. I asked her a question, got the answer, rolled over and went back to sleep. I should probably point out that I went to bed around 4:30... So, I woke up "early" (8:30ish) and went back to work on my paper. Around 10am I decided I should probably have a shower and check my e-mail to see if my prof ever got back to me and he hadn't so I called his office. He told me that he didn't care when I got the paper in, I shouldn't stress, be in his class that day and hand it in when I got it finished. I am trying to get it done no later than Monday but he said that due to the special circumstances that I have going on right now, he understands if I need a couple of extra days. On one had, I hate my laptop for crashing yesterday, on the other hand, I love it... So I had a shower, got dressed and John dropped me off.

After class I hung out with Ashleigh for a few and then went and sold Cabaret tickets for an hour. I was supposed to be selling them with Carrie but she never showed up. I sat in the Atrium for the hour and chatted with people as they went by on their way to class. Just before I was done, Tanya came to sit with me and mentioned that the contact for the Roughnecks had called her and she was going to call him back. I had faxed him our letter earlier this week and I will go pick up whatever the donation is next weekend! At 2pm, I ran into Dee on her way out of her practice session which apparently had gone well! She turns "old" today and I forgot her birthday present at home so I have to remember to take it tomorrow! Just as I stopped to talk to Dee, John walked up the stairs and he stopped to talk to her as well. She had to run so he and I walked down to my car just as the security guys drove up (he had parked in the handicap stalls on 4) and we went and picked Ash up and came home.

I dyed Ash's hair a light blonde colour (overtop of her natural colour it goes a coppery colour... it's SO pretty!) and we darkened my roots so when I go "deepest plum" again my roots dont go PURPLE! I like the colour purple but not that much!

As soon as we were done we ran over to the mall so John could meet with his curling team and Ash and I went to Michael's and picked up a few things. We picked John back up and he dropped Ash and I off at the Church that I had orchestra at and Laura picked Ash up from there. John went home to pack to leave tonight.

Orchestra was ok. We were SUPER cramped and squished. We kept elbowing each other and sptepping on each other but I think we have it figured out for tomorrow. Megan gave me a ride home and now I am blogging!

The only things that have happened in the past little while (30 minutes since I got home) are: I have been asked an interesting question that I am contemplating, I had to send a slightly snotty message to someone (it had to be done), I made a couple of phone calls, I received a couple of phone calls and I decided on what I am getting Kristyn for a baby gift. So I am now going shopping!

(11:30pm) Update: I bought the baby gift, only to get home and realize part of what I thought I bought isn't here! Oh well... I will go back tomorrow! I also picked up some of the stuff I needed for people for Christmas while I was out. My mom is here now and we are going to watch Mr. and Mrs. Smith (I just got it!) and we ordered in pizza for dinner. I have decided that the "coming to E for advice" thing is going to stop for a while. I've had enough... And I am nervous about the concert tomorrow but excited as well! I have to take my car in for servicing so prayer that it doesn't have to be in all day would be great!

No comments: