Thursday, December 08, 2005

Breakfast was delivered!?!?!?!?

So, bed was late last night... 4am or so... So I set my alarm for 8:30 and prepared to get very little sleep. Around 8:50 my phone rang (I was lying in bed reading my textbook) and Laura asks, "you up?" I responded with, "I'm awake but not up... what's going on?" She replied, "I'm bringing you breakfast. Coffee or hot chocolate? Bagel or Muffin?" I told her I don't drink coffee and specified what kind of bagel I would eat and got up to be prepared to answer the door when she got here.

She brought me yogurt, a bagel with cream cheese and a tea as they were out of hot chocolate. That is two Tim Horton's in the past 24 hours in town that are out of hot chocolate! I stopped last night on my way home and they didn't have any on the other side of town either! I digress... So, after we debated the colour of my hair (it is NOT black, it is "deepest plum") and talked about the plan for tomorrow (we are meeting here after I am done class) and other such stuff and she ate her stuff, I finished my yogurt and she had to go back to work and I went back to my homework. I didn't finish the bagel at that point (I put half in the fridge and ate it later) and added sugar to the tea and drank that. I tried on my outfit for the Christmas gatherings I am going to in the next couple of weeks and found out the pants are too big and may need to be exchanged (they may fit with a belt or something...) and I then realized how late it was getting, got dressed and ran a brush through my hair and ran to meet Ashleigh at the University.

I got there and she was already done her sightsinging exam so I ran to talk to the prof I wanted to see. He made my week! I was having issues with my analysis... After my laptop ate it last week, I have been trying to find a separate piano and clarinet score as I am only analyzing the clarinet part. So I went to talk to him because at this point, I am going to go photocopy the clarinet part and make my own score. He said that is actually a pretty good idea and gave me tips for the future and told me to get the paper in by Wednesday!!! I almost hugged him I was so happy! I gave him his Christmas present, thanked him profusely and said I would see him Wednesday!

Ash and I stole a classroom for a few minutes and went over some of the trichords and tetrachords for tomorrows exam and the only two I was having major problems with were 0246 and 014 and it was weird that it was just those two. I love 035, it makes me smile!

Anyway, we went down to CJ's and grabbed a hot chocolate (they had some!) and worked on the Theory assignment. I had to go sell tickets for the cab at noon and Ash and I only got about half a page of three done so I was freaking out pretty badly. I went to the table to sell tickets and Phil (from theory, not orchestra) showed up and asked if we could work together. I got him caught up to where I was and between the two of us, we spent the next two hours finishing the analysis! I was SO happy that part of it was done! Now all I had left to do was the questions associated with the analysis and that was easy by comparison!!!

I got home after a couple of mishaps (one I won't write about) but the other was I got out to my car and had... not ONE, but TWO parking tickets! One, because my meter expired and the other because I was overparked at an expired meter... *sigh* Whatever. I got home and fixed the first mishap, told my mom about the second and she said she would pay them! Yay! They are only $6 each as long as they are paid within the first week but still... I am feeling quite broke right now...

I was at home checking ym e-mail and such things when a window pops up from Laurel... It says:

"hi. could you please send me the participant list from TEC 41? I really need it. thanks!"

So, being the amazingly awesome person I can be (on occasion) I go through my file box and look for the 4th day package from that TEC. Well, I have to say, I am getting very frustrated... I have TEC 42, I have TEC 40, but no TEC 41 and I seem to have 2 or 3 from TEC 38 which is weird... So I pull them out to go through them as a pile, rather than a file... Turns out, the covers for 38 and 41 are THE SAME COLOUR!!!! No wonder I couldn't find it! It was there all along, it was just mixed in! So, I scan it, edit it to make it larger with no white space all around it and send it to her over MSN. I also tell her if she can't read it I will type it out or photocopy it and get it to her this weekend or fax it to her later today. She is shocked and impressed by how quickly I came up with it and says I'm a machine. I'm really not but she was in luck... I was sitting here, it was here, I had the time and I wasn't freaking out over schoolwork at the time. :) The file sent, opened, printed and was legible so we're all good! :D

I went out tonight and ran some errands. I got some money reimbursed that I had been waiting for so I could finally finish some of my Christmas shopping and I bought myself a sweater (not a Christmas gift but a "because I love me and I deserve it with the way my week has been" gift) and a set of shoes for the Christmas parties I need to go to. I tried to exchange the pants and decided a belt is easier than a different set of pants because I like the set I have and they don't have them in a different size. I also picked up stuff for my mom and dad, stuff for a couple of my friends, my cousins and so on. It was productive! I also went to BP's for dinner and worked on my Theory as I had been going kind of nuts constantly working at home so the change of scenery was nice and with John gone, the place gets pretty quiet.

So I have to pick John up in a little while. Before that I am going to do a bit more work, wrap a few presents, or at least sort some and organize the package that has to be sent to my aunt in Grand Forks and talk to a few people on MSN. Then, once he is home, I am going to get some sleep... It is going to be nice to get some rest for once...

No comments: