Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Remove head from Sphincter, then listen!

Ok, so today started with Ash calling me to tell me how much I owe her from shopping at Michael's (on her discount :D) last week. And then John called on his way home to see if I wanted a Booster Juice (heck ya!) and I decided I should get moving. So I got up and dressed and such and realized I'm still not feeling so hot... But I got up and checked my e-mail and packed my back for school.

John dropped me off and I went to History. There is this girl in that class who drives me BANANAS!!!! (Bananas! Hey! Hey! Bananas! Hey! Hey! B-a-n-a-n-a-s! Bananas!) Anyway, the prof says we are going to listen to a certian piece at the end of class if we have time, it is a string quartet, it is one of Beethoven's later works and it may have to wait until next day. He then goes into his lecture about Beethoven. (Shocking, considering the last couple of classes have been ALL about Beethoven!) He then says we are going to listen to Symphony #1, Opus 21. Moron at the back of class pipes up halfway through the piece and says, "this doesn't sound like a string quartet!" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I have nothing against her, in fact, I barely know her. I know she is at least a year behind me in every other class and is either a string or keys player (I have seen her carrying a guitar case so it would be pretty safe to say she plays guitar) but most people who act as stupid as she does don't make it through first year, let alone into second!!! I thought she was an idiot before when she yelled at the prof of this class over something he couldn't control but today she was... Unbelievable!

Anyway, between taking notes and listening to example upon example of Beethoven's works, I read the entire script of Casablanca and marked all of the musical cues that appear in the script, the famous lines, when the French National Anthem appears and so on. It was a productive class and yay for multi-tasking!

When I got home, I read a friend's blog and realized that what he wrote about and something I had saved earlier and had yet to post were of similar topics so I finished it and published it.

This afternoon I ran through the shower and did my hair (I went to class this morning in my glasses and sweats... :D you could tell that I wasn't feeling well by looking at me...) and then went to orchestra. I had every intention of working on stuff before orchestra but I ran into Richelle and we ended up sitting and talking. She doesn't talk very much so it was interesting.

During orchestra we sight-read a few pieces, one of which we would get to sing in. The only problem is the piece has something like 450 bars and somewhere in the middle, I rest for 97 bars straight. But it's not like "97 bars rest" it's broken down into something like, "3, 3, 3, 14, 6, 12, 12, 12, 18, 14..." AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! And, yet again, putz boy who sits next to me was too busy polishing his clarinet to know where we were so he was completely lost and had no idea what was going on. Thank goodness Ryan was sitting in his old seat today or I seriously would have hit him. Ever seen the bumper sticker that reads, "I've got PMS and a gun..." Ya, that was pretty much me in his general direction today. He walked in and said, "look, I got a neckstrap! But they had to put a new thumbrest on my clarinet..." I pointed out that he could have just bought a neckstrap that hooked onto his old thumbrest and he said, "they make those???" I showed him mine (which does that!) LAST WEEK. I said to him, "You don't listen to anything I say, do you? I'm done. Never mind. Just don't talk to me today, ok? It will be safer for you in the long run." At that point, I faced the front and didn't acknowledge him for the rest of rehearsal (with two exceptions.... once when he held a note three bars too long and another time when he came in a bar early on the wrong note).

When John picked me up, I dropped him off at home and ran to put gas in the car and picked up McD's for dinner and then had a nap for an hour because I didn't feel so hot. Since then, I have been watching Casablanca over and over, timing and retiming the music to make sure my previous timings were correct. So far, I have one I'm still not 100% on... Before bed I am going to finish those and then I plan to get enough sleep to function tomorrow so I can finish this and do the analysis of Mozart's Clarinet Concerto in A Major.

No comments: