Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Sleep… what’s that??? And I HATE my printer!!!

I didn’t end up going to bed last night until around 4:30. I was working on the timing of the music cues in Casablanca and I was finally getting them to work and I didn’t want to stop while I was on a roll. But I got to the point that I was physically tired, even thought I was mentally still alert so I went to bed.

My class was cancelled this morning (our prof is the chair of the dept. so he was in meetings all day) so I “slept in.” I let John take the car to class. I use the term “slept in” loosely because I basically got up at the same time I would if I had class but I didn’t have to get up to drive him to school. I just figured that driving on less than 4 hours sleep probably wasn’t my best choice.

I worked for most of the day on my film project and my history paper. I did talk to Kristyn and Ben for a couple of minutes online and my mom and Ash on the phone. Otherwise, I checked my e-mail and found out that my prof of tomorrow’s class has cancelled the lecture but is having office hours in the morning instead of class and that tonight we were going to be watching “Lord of the Rings.” Considering I hadn’t seen it yet and I needed to go to hand in my project, I figured I should probably go to class.

I took John to the Greyhound depot around 1:30 so he could pick up his ticket and made sure he was good to go before I left. I came straight back home to keep working. He’s going home to see Kurtis in Chicago at their High School which plays tonight and he will be back for his afternoon class tomorrow as far as I have been told. It’s funny how many of his friends I have talked to today with him leaving overnight… I know I am at least 2 if not 3 and they don’t normally call the house, they call his cell.

Around 4:15 I decided I would print off my project. I sent it from my laptop to my PC over MSN and printed the title page. No problem. I printed my written work… I… printed… Ok. It wasn’t printing. Alright, I will reword that. It printed the first two and half pages and then stopped, telling me that the black print cartridge was the wrong one for the printer. So I took it out, put it back in (it was the right one, no worries there… I had been using it for the past couple of weeks and no issues yet…) and turned off and back on my printer and tried again. This time, I got one and half pages and then the same message, only this time it was the coloured cartridge. I did the same thing. Third try. It prints. (I’m not having to hit print because it is still cued to print by the way…) This time it prints the first page and the first three lines on the second page and then stops. It says the printer is disconnected. AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Ok, by this time, I have tried everything I can think of, short of restarting my computer. So I do. It begins to print once the computer starts. This time, it only gets part way through the first page and stops. So, I have a title page, multiple copies of the first page, one copy of the second page and no hope (currently) of pages three through twenty. I am having a meltdown. I sent a frantic “Are you there???” message to Tara around 5:00 and explain the situation. She helps me calm down enough to e-mail the written work to her and she prints it and says she will meet me just before my class with the written work and a stapler so I can attach the title page… *phew* Yay for Tara!!!! Heart attack is over, still having a minor panic attack but… *shrug* That will go away eventually! Did I mention in all of this, I have a 3-hole punch, can’t find a duotang and my stapler is missing??? Ya, not having a great time.

I get to class and hand the project in. I don’t think the prof gets how much of my blood, sweat and (literally) tears went into this project! We watched “Lord of the Rings.” It was ok… Not my favourite movie but I didn’t hate it. I’m not big into fantasy and I don’t much like violence or dead people (especially touching dead people… *gag*) but some of the guys (when you lose the long hair) are good looking and the story is interesting and pretty easy for me to follow as I read the books when I was younger. Also, the music is good which was the purpose for watching it in class…

I was exhausted by the time I got to class but as I don’t have to watch my hands to type, I got a lot accomplished while watching the movie. I worked a bit on my opinion of Mozart’s clarinet concerto and wrote some things I needed to… I also got some of this written. :)

I am now home from class and my plan for the evening is a little R&R mixed in with some schoolwork. I think “One Tree Hill” might have been new tonight and if it was, I taped it so I may watch it. I also have to try on my new Christmas outfit (I bought it a few weeks ago and it was slightly too big and right now everything is fitting slightly too big but if it’s any bigger than it was, I need to do something about it before Friday) and call Laura about doing something with my hair on Friday. My plan is to try and get some sleep tonight and in the morning I am going to try and figure out what is wrong with my printer (if I have to call Canon, I will) and meet with Ash to go over intervals and hand in my paper to my professor. *crossing fingers that my musical analysis will be completely finished by then* I can’t stay up until 4:30 again…

Or, that was my plan as I originally started to write. Then I get messages from various people:

“Don’t forget to get notes from me tomorrow”

“You have a dr’s appt tomorrow”

“We’re selling tickets for the cab tomorrow from 12-1”

“Hey, about that theory homework… what do you mean you haven’t done that part? Don’t leave it to the last minute, it’s a lot harder than it looks!”

Now, I am having a panic attack. Full out, crying, unable to breathe. I have too much to do, too little time to do it and I don’t know how I am going to get it all done…. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: