Sunday, December 04, 2005

Thank Heaven for Little Girls...

Today was long... Not quite as long as yesterday time-wise, but it was a lot of emotional and physical energy.

I got up at 8 and my mom and I packed both of our cars and did some running around in Lethbridge. I helped her pick up some clothes for a bunch of Christmas related events she needs to go to in the next few weeks and then I got the chance to wander the store a bit. I got a scarf that has an "E" on it (it's black and it's gorgeous!) and another one that is white with iridescent sequins (for the cabaret) and something else I can't mention right now because I think I may be getting it for Christmas. :) After that store, my mom left for Coleman (to watch John curl) and I went and ran a couple of other errands and then left for Calgary.

When I got back to Calgary, I stopped and got a Booster Juice and did some window shopping and then flat ironed my hair.

I met Ben for dinner at Red Lobster and we had a good time chatting and hanging out and it was a nice break from the rushing around I have been doing for the past few days. It was great to see him and I bugged him about some pretty minor stuff but it was fun to make him blush! :) I guess my eyes were bigger than my stomach because I ended up with crab legs leftover to bring home... I asked my mom how to crack them and her recommendation was pliers. :D

After that, I stopped to get gas and fixed my make-up in the bathroom (the light was too dark in the car...) and then went to Kristyn's baby shower.

It wasn't too hard to find the place, even though the directions told me to turn right at a 7-11 that was on my left but I found it anyway... I was kind of afraid that it was either going to be a mini high school reunion or some people were going to make it a "I have this and this and this going on, and you're JUST a student" competition but it wasn't and that was good. It was nice to see Kristyn, her mom, Ryan's mom and some of the other people I have known through Kristyn and her dancing and such. Julie was there and she brought Gavin. He's very cute, I hadn't seen him before, other than in pictures on Gwendy's website but he was very happy and sociable and it was cool to see. The only thing that was kind of annoying was some things Kristyn opened, there was one person who would say, "WE have one of those," or "my daughter LOVES her one of those" or something similar... But that happens... *shrug* I stayed until almost everyone had left, talked to Ryan for a few when he got there and then left... Heather sent me home with a plate of snacks to munch on while I work on my papers in the next couple of days.

I went to Christine's parents house for a few on my way home. It was cool to see how much some of the kids I knew at Grace have grown up over time. I got the chance to see Christine, which was awesome because I haven't seen her in a while! Ben and Brit were there and I sat and talked with the two of them and Rachel for a while. When I got there they were "watching" March of the Penguins and we couldn't really see it from where we were sitting. I didn't stay very long because I was pretty tired and I still had to drive across the city.

On my way home I was going to stop and say hi to Shaun at work but I got there at 12:02am and they close at 12 so I was too late... :(

So now, I am home, I am going to watch part of Sky High before bed and then crash. Night!

No comments: