Saturday, December 10, 2005

First Christmas Banquet/Party of the Season!

Bed at 3:00, still awake at 4:30, John came to wake me up to get a ride at 8:10, I told him to take the car and I would take a cab, I called Laura and she said she would give me a ride to AND from school… I went back to sleep. All before 9am.

At 9:45 I get up and figuring Laura won’t be there before 10:30 (she said she worked until around then) and grab the clothes I will be wearing and lay them on my bed. I go into the bathroom to do the shower thing and around 10am, just after I have turned on the water and stepped into the shower, someone knocks on the bathroom door. At this point, I determined that John must not have locked the front door when he left this morning…

I yell, “Hello!” to Laura over the water and she yells, “Morning! Can I have some orange juice?” and I yell back something that sounded affirmative and started to get wet. She knocked again and yelled to me that she wanted to blow dry my hair (because she was going to be doing it later for the Christmas banquet I went to tonight) and I asked if I could wash it first. She yelled something affirmative and I got back to the shower thing. By the time I finished, she had finished her orange juice and I ran across the hall and got dressed and then we started the fight over my hair… She put gel in it!!! *gag* I NEVER put gel in my hair because it makes it gross and sticky and such! But whatever… So it apparently wasn’t drying fast enough and after she tried to comb off my ear, earring, necklace and side of my neck, I confiscated the comb and blow dryer and dried it myself. It was dry enough that I could go to school and she could do something with it later.

She dropped me off, I went to class and wrote the last ear training quiz of the semester which I think I bombed… you know it’s bad when you are hearing a minor second sounding like a consonant interval. I also handed in the analysis part of my third project as my printer isn’t working. So I explained to the prof that I would e-mail the written part of the project and the quiz to him as soon as I had wireless internet.

After class Ash and I went down to meet Laura on 4, after dropping off my exam accommodation forms at the office they needed to go to. Laura pulled in and stopped about two to three car lengths behind the row of cars parked in the handicapped parking spots and Ash and I walked over to get in. Laura waved Ash around to the other side to get into the back seat as there was stuff on the other seat. We had just gotten into the car and were in the process of putting our seatbelts on when this older guy (older than my parents but not as old as my grandparents I would guess) comes out of the University and gets into his car. He starts it and puts it into reverse and proceeds to back up… directly into the side of Laura’s car!!! He never even looked!!! I noticed him come out but didn’t think anything of it and Ash noticed that his reverse lights were on but he had more than enough room to back out a bit, pull it tight and then pull forward and maybe do it again without us ever being in the way. But he didn’t even shoulder check. And our car had been sitting there long enough that we were pretty obvious… Laura moved her car a bit, after he moved forward again… The guy got out of his car and yelled at Laura, at which point, Ash yelled at him and then he got back into his car. Ash apparently swore at him as he was getting into his car but we don’t think he heard her and as she doesn’t normally swear, I was shocked! :O I wrote down his licence plate number and the general description of his car but there wasn’t enough damage for Laura to want to report it. It was a hit and run though and I think she should have reported it… Either way, it’s her choice.

So we got back to my place, I gave both of the girls chocolate (de-stressor) and then Laura worked on my hair while I worked on my laptop and Ash watched “Raise Your Voice.” It was funny because every time Laura sprayed hairspray, I called Ash to come get the laptop and she had to pause the movie. It was definitely a process. :D My hair looked awesome though and once I was done on my laptop I put Ash to work making pasta for the three of us and John for lunch. It turned out really well. We had radiatore which kind of looks like the old radiators used to. They left before John got home and I packed to go to Calgary after they left.

John got home and we loaded the car and we were on the road!

We got back into the city and stopped to pick up something he needed and then we went to Tim Horton’s and I got changed in the bathroom (black pants, black halter top with silver beading, pink sweater) and then had tea and a doughnut with Mom. We hit Shell for gas because it was close and my car was running on fumes… I used the bathroom there to start my make-up and finished the rest in my car. They left and I dropped off Jason’s Christmas gift to DHL and then drove in the direction of Ben’s.

I visited with Ben’s mom and bro for a while during which time he got ready to go out. (Shower, shave…) I enjoy his family. :) He decided he would drive and we left to go to the camp banquet. I knew Brit was already on her way there and that Matt was just ahead of us as well, as he had called me to double check where he was allowed to park on the camp property. I had forgotten to tell him to park wherever.

We got to camp just as dinner was starting and our table was: Matt, Britney, Sharla, Brityn, Ben and I. I walked in and got hugged by a few people as I was taking off my coat and changing my shoes (from my black “hooker boots” to my “there’s no place like home” shoes) and Brit said our table was first to eat so we had to get going. It was awesome walking in and seeing everyone… From my teens camp cabin, there were 5 of 7 girls there, some of whom were also CLTD’s… Dayna, Brityn, Sharla, Lauren and Ashley. Some of the teen/CLTD guys were also there… Sheldon, Mike and Andrew for example. It was awesome to see them! Some of the people I was really glad to see were Meghan, Hilde, Phil, Mikey, etc. Jeana and I laughed over the fact that both “her Matt” and “my Matt” were there and she commented about “her husband’s butt” (my brother, it’s still weird…) and it was cool to see her. Some of the people I expected to see weren’t there and it made me sad that they weren’t there… (Carisa, Ashley, Matt, Shelby, etc.) The night began with dinner and there were gifts and such based on numbers on the bottom of some of the chairs and there were little contests for other presents. I would have gone up for the “sing a verse of White Christmas” but Mikey wouldn’t let me until no one else knew it and I was okay with that. :) After dinner and dessert, there was carolling down by the campfire and gingerbread houses being made in the gym. We headed for the fire to sing and Mikey and Phil asked me to help out. We sang some carol’s, some camp songs, a couple of action-type songs to get people moving (one was apparently because my jacket looked like a polar bear so we HAD to do "40 Years on an Iceberg") and people drifted in and out. We lost Matt at one point but figured he had gone off with James. We said we would bug him later, just to see how he would react. He did react but not the way I expected and I’m not going to go there. I told Phil as we were walking back to the lodge that he has a good voice and he shouldn’t be so shy about singing… I didn’t want to embarrass him by telling him in front of the whole group but he does have a very good voice! We went back into the lodge for the dance and we had a blast! We did stuff like the Macarena, Slap Leather, slow danced once, jived and just generally had fun! At one point Meghan and I disappeared for a while to go talk about stuff but otherwise I was out there dancing. I won a book of “Garfield’s Treasury” because I was standing talking to some people and Mikey came over and said, “the first person out on the floor dancing will get a prize,” and I went and danced. A few minutes after that, Brityn gave me her school picture and I put it in the book for safekeeping until I can get it back to Lethbridge. She looks gorgeous!

When Ben and I went to leave, I gave hugs to people and said my goodbyes and it turned out we were driving another person home. Her name is Alicia. I had met her (not by name, more like she was there…) earlier in the evening. She lives down the street from Ben and may have a slight crush on him... Earlier in the evening she had asked James to ask Ben if there was another slow dance if he would dance with her. The last song of the night was “We Are the Champions” by Queen. I, personally, don’t see that as a “slow song.” I also saw the whole “middle man” thing as very junior high. Anyway, the three of us and Matt (who I text messaged) ended up back at Ben’s and then we took Ben’s dad’s car down to pick his friend Nathan up from the bus station. We went to BP’s for food and it was... interesting. John came for a while and it turns out he knows Alicia’s younger sister. The stories and the language usage that went along with the stories was shocking (to say the least) and I was much more comfortable once John left and then after we dropped Alicia off at home.

During the car ride we were pretty squished in the back seat and I ended up sitting with my elbow kind of resting on Matt’s shoulder. I didn’t want to elbow him in the side or anything and it didn’t seem to annoy him too badly to have my arm there. I had poked him earlier in the evening and I guess at one point Alicia was trying to tickle him as well and it wasn’t working. So I asked if he was ticklish in a couple of spots and tried them and the reaction I got was interesting. Weird, kind of what I expected (to be honest), but interesting.

However, we got back to Ben’s and I said about that conversation making me uncomfortable and Ben mentioned that he thinks Alicia may like him. Apparently, I had said something that had been misconstrued earlier so I clarified that they weren’t my original words, they were Ben’s and Nathan and Matt both seemed to get it but also think I was an idiot. Ben said about having to have conversations with girls about not being interested in them and something about having had one with me. When I said we had never had that talk, he seemed surprised. I guess the reason he was surprised is that when I liked him, I didn't tell him at the time, I told him a couple of years after the fact. So, him giving me the, "you're a great person, we should just be friends," talk never actually happened with us. I made a comment about being "the good friend" and "one of the guys" and neither Ben or Matt really corrected me. I am destined to be that to every guy, forever... It was nice of them to affirm it. :(

I asked the guys (Ben and Matt) if somehow between them I could get a ride to and from THING tomorrow night and they said sure. I said I would see them tomorrow and Matt and I got in our cars to leave.

I called Shaun on my way home to explain to him why I hadn’t made the concert he had invited me to and he told me they were at Denny’s on 16th (Motel Village) and I should stop by. I had just turned onto the road that takes me to Crowchild that runs between Motel Village and the Banff Trail LRT station so I made a quick left and stopped in to see him. He was with two friends and I ended up hanging out with them for a bit.

I got home around 3 so it’s going to be another 4am to bed night/morning…

No comments: